Welcome to Foothill Family Shelter
Providing Housing & Hope Since 1984
The mission of Foothill Family Shelter is to assure children and adults a future by helping them acquire skills that will enable them to maintain a home, job and at the same time develop the necessary self-esteem to function as a successful stable adult.
Foothill Family Shelter is a nonprofit organization founded in 1984 which houses homeless adults and children for a period of up to 120 days, free of rent and utility charges. We also provide one-year transitional housing as well as extended housing. The Foothill Family Shelter began as St. Mark's Homeless Shelter and currently serves as a transitional facility for homeless adults and children from the west end of San Bernardino County and the east end of Los Angeles County. The Shelter has 7- two bedroom apartments which are fully furnished and offered free for a maximum of 120 days. We also provide 12- two bedroom apartments for transitional housing and 8- two bedroom apartments for extended housing.
Criteria for Application for our 120 Day Program
- Be low income and homeless or 2 weeks of being homeless
- Have no more than five total members of the family on the application
- MUST be drug and alcohol free and be subject to random drug testing (MUST agree to remain drug and alcohol free the entire time you are in our program)
- Agree to participate in all shelter programs including children’s educational, employment and rehabilitation services and mandatory neighborhood watch program
- Agree to save a minimum of 50% of your income
- Agree to find employment or upgrade current employment
Upland, Ontario, Montclair, Rancho Cucamonga, Claremont and Pomona
Proof of residency is required for all services.
Foothill Family Shelter does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disabilities in hiring practices or provision of services.