Foothill Family Shelter1501 W. Ninth Street, Suite D
Upland, CA 91786
Welcome to Foothill Family Shelter
The mission of Foothill Family Shelter is to assure children and adults a future by helping them acquire skills that will enable them to maintain a home, job and at the same time develop the necessary self-esteem to function as a successful stable adult.
Foothill Family Shelter is a nonprofit organization founded in 1984 which houses homeless adults and children for a period of up to 120 days, free of rent and utility charges. We also provide one-year transitional housing as well as permanent housing.The Foothill Family Shelter began as St. Mark's Homeless Shelter and currently serves as a transitional facility for homeless adults and children from the west end of San Bernardino County and the east end of Los Angeles County. The Shelter has 7- two bedroom apartments which are fully furnished and offered free for a maximum of 120 days. We also provide 12- two bedroom apartments for transitional housing and 8- two bedroom apartments for affordable permanent housing.
SERVICE AREA: Upland, Ontario, Montclair, Pomona, Claremont and Rancho Cucamonga
Click here to learn 10 easy ways to help Foothill Family Shelter
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION FOR OUR 120 DAY PROGRAM
- BE LOW INCOME AND HOMELESS OR 2 WEEKS OF BEING HOMELESS
- Have no more than five total members of the family on the application
- MUST be drug and alcohol free and be subject to random drug testing (MUST agree to remain drug and alcohol free the entire time you are in our program)
- Agree to participate in all shelter programs including children’s educational, employment and rehabilitation services and mandatory neighborhood watch program
- Agree to save a minimum of 50% of your income
- Agree to find employment or upgrade current employment