Foothill Family Shelter1501 W. Ninth Street, Suite D
Upland, CA 91786
Welcome to Foothill Family Shelter
Our mission is to assure children and adults a future by helping them acquire skills that will enable them to maintain a home, job, and at the same time develop the necessary self esteem to function as a successful stable adult.
Foothill Family Shelter is a nonprofit organization founded in 1984 which houses homeless adults and children for a period of up to 120 days, free of rent and utility charges. We also provide one-year transitional housing as well as permanent housing.The Foothill Family Shelter began as St. Mark's Homeless Shelter and currently serves as a transitional facility for homeless adults and children from the west end of San Bernardino County and the east end of Los Angeles County. The Shelter has 7- two bedroom apartments which are fully furnished and offered free for a maximum of 120 days. We also provide 12- two bedroom apartments for transitional housing and 8- two bedroom apartments for affordable permanent housing.
SERVICE AREA: Upland, Ontario, Montclair, Pomona, Claremont and Rancho Cucamonga
Change Creates Change. Click Here To Create Change
We will only accept donations of food and diapers for the two weeks March 4-7 and 11-14. This will allow us to sort what we have and distribute accordingly. Thank you for your cooperation.
For 10 easy ways to help Foothill Family Shelter out, please click here
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION FOR OUR 120 DAY PROGRAM
- BE LOW INCOME AND HOMELESS OR 2 WEEKS OF BEING HOMELESS
- Have no more than five total members of the family on the application
- MUST be drug and alcohol free and be subject to random drug testing (MUST agree to remain drug and alcohol free the entire time you are in our program)
- Agree to participate in all shelter programs including children’s educational, employment and rehabilitation services and mandatory neighborhood watch program
- Agree to save a minimum of 50% of your income
- Agree to find employment or upgrade current employment